- Uganda; Digitalisation and eLearning
24. June 2019 - 26. June 2019
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Digitalization and eLearning for the educational system; How can the Government, School owners, Schools, Colleges and Universities benefit?
This is a training program for people working in governmental positions both central and in the districts, school owners, schools leaders, teachers and staff from colleges and universities. The program goes over three days.
The development of multimedia and ICT technologies have created opportunities for traditional or classroom-based learning notions to be developed into eLearning notions. The paradigm of eLearning is as effective and has numerous benefits as compared to classroom-based learning. Educational institutions could use online eLearning methodologies for the education of their staff without having to spend for their travel elsewhere. The universities could reach out to a wider audience globally and implement these technologies, therefore offering a remarkable development chance.
eLearning is learning to utilize electronic technologies to access the educational curriculum outside of a traditional classroom. In most cases, it refers to a course, program or degree delivered completely online. eLearning is an Internet-based teaching system, a teaching system consisting of video, audio, and written material designed for a person to use in studying a subject at home.
Who Should Attend the Training Program for Digitalization and eLearning?
This course both theoretical and extensively interactive is designed for middle and senior business and administrators professionals who need to understand and embrace the disciplines of eLearning, pedagogy, blended learning, digital development and digitalisation including:
- Policy Makers
- Leaders of departments in the Ministries
- Leaders in Districts
- Governmental staff
- School owners
- Owners of Colleges and Universities
- Administrators at Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- Strategy Directors and Managers
- Project Managers
- Heads of Business Units and Business Planners
- Individuals with just digital background but understand they need more
- Individuals who understand that success cannot be relied upon by just going in a single direction and may need to combine success with both bricks and mortar business and full utilization of virtual technology
Details for the Training Program for Digitalization and eLearning
The table under gives an overview of the main elements for the three days training program (Click on the table or the link under for more details):
What is Included in the Training Fee?
The Training Fee includes a one week (5 days) intensive training on the elements described in the detailed program for the training about Accounting and Entrepreneurship. The fee includes also following:
- High-quality training
- Karl Skaar as the trainer
- Modern training
- The venue
- Morning tea
- Light Lunch
- Afternoon tea
- Certificate for the skills acquired for the participants
- Digital following up after the training
Participants must organize their own transport and stay.
How to Organize the Registration and the Payment?
To attend this training you must register on this web page. Only people that have got a feedback that their registration is accepted, will get access to the venue. That acceptation will be issued after the payment has been registered by Lucubrate.
On the top of the web page, you click on the number you want to register. If you click on “show details +”, you will find the training fee that fits for you. When you have entered the quantity (it has to be between one and five), you click on the button “Register Now”. Here you enter the information for each participant. All required information has to be filled in, to continue the registration. When that is done, you click on “Please Select Your Method of Payment”. This takes you to the Registration Checkout. Here you can select how you want to pay. You get four options:
- Bank Draft (this option allow you to go to a bank and pay the training fee there. You have to send the bank slip to show you have paid)
- Invoice (this option gives you an invoice that you can pay in a bank or pay online. If you use the bank, you have to send the bank slip to show you have paid)
- PayPal (this option is for people with PayPal account. After the payment is done it will immediately be registered in the Lucubrate files, and you will receive a receipt for the payment)
- Pay by Creditcard (this option is for people with Creditcard. After the payment is done, it will immediately be registered in the Lucubrate files, and you will receive a receipt for the payment)
When the payment is registered in the Lucubrate files, you will get an email telling that you have successfully registered the participants and you get access to the Training venue.
Trainer Mr Karl Skaar
Mr Karl Skaar is a highly successful professional, with a high degree of entrepreneurial flair, demonstrated through an outstanding record of achievement in formulating business strategies and spearheading complex projects.
Today, he works as a Senior Analyst with the Norwegian Directorate for Education and Training, a Governmental Body implementing changes in the Norwegian education system. He is CEO of NKB-Lucubrate, an international company with activities in many countries. He is a member of the board of directors for different organizations and businesses. He has been a part-time lecturer at several Universities for more than ten years and he has worked as a scientist at several Research Farms. He holds University Degrees from Norway in Business Administration, Governmental Administration, Health Education and Sociology.
Twenty years back, he was one of the pioneers within Village Phone and Microfinance in Uganda. He lived and worked in Kampala up to 2006. Over the last ten years, he has studied and worked with different issues concerning digitalization and eLearning. He has followed closely the digital development in Europe and Norway. He has created web solutions, made many eLearning courses, and written a number of articles about education, entrepreneurship, digitalization, eLearning, and development for Lucubrate Magazine where he is the Chief Editor.
Venue Website: https://www.boulevardsuites.co.ug/Address:
Kampala Boulevard has a mix of apartments, office space, retail units and a gym – City Gym, in a new ‘lifestyle hub’ where – work, leisure and living come together. A grand entrance leads into the heart of the bustling ground floor that is occupied with convenience shops and cafes.
The building where the workshop has the venue:
Plot 19 Kampala Road, Kampala
NOTE: The conference programme and venue may be subject to change.
Do you have any questions?